Tuesday, May 5, 2015

2.5 days and counting...

So, the last few days have absolutely flown by and I'm really trying to accomplish too much at once. Chances are that I very well may need the time in the hospital to catch up on my sleep. I'm trying to keep myself calm as well, but I'm slowly becoming a huge bundle of nerves. With my hysterectomy, there were some issues that caused me to lose a lot of blood. I'm not expecting this to happen again, but you never know what could happen otherwise.

Today though, my main goal was to make sure my husband has a complete power of attorney, and a medical power of attorney as well. I don't expect anything to happen, but just in case I want to make sure he has what he needs to handle things. My biggest worry right now if something happens to me is "what will happen to the boys". I know that they would be forced to go back to their father's homes, but would they be allowed to see Jack ever again? I have life insurance set up also, but I set Jack as the primary beneficiary and the boys as secondary with instructions to set up financial trusts so that their fathers can not get their hands on the money. I also sat down with Jack and he knows what I want the boys to have from me, and after they turn 18 and are away from home.

It is really sad that I feel I have to do that, but hey..life goes on, right? As for Jack, he is being so strong for me, but I know inside he is freaking out. It will all be over soon and I will have life by the horns doll!! I promise! Now, it's just a matter of a few more appointments to keep my mind off things and repacking my weekend bag about 3 more times. Ok, 6..but who is counting?

No comments: