Monday, April 13, 2009

Last minute packing...

Oh man. 3 days have passed like a blur. Thanks to Matt for helping me take Chasers to his father at the airport. It was fun watching the ex spouse squirm like he did. I really can't wait to see how he handles Jim being home. He can't even look Jim straight in the eyes.
So off we went on Friday, the boys and I over to CoCo Keys Water Resort in Waterbury CT. It was a blast as you can see from the pictures. From the time we got there at 11:00 am until we left about 3:00 PM that baby was on the go. There was no napping time included. He just did not know what exactly to do with this huge bathtub we were in!

It really was a lot of fun with the exception of one thing that was very unexpected. The picture below shows a huge bucket. Now that bucket fills up with water and every 10 minutes it dumps. No one told us that. So here I am innocently taking pictures of Squeaky playing in the water when *GUSH*!! I felt like a wet rat, and my camera got wet. And then it dawned on me..Squeaky was down below me..So I open my eyes to see him surfing the HUGE waves from the water. Squealing! He loved it! In fact, we stood under that water about 4 more times after that and he loved it even more each time. We would go to the other side of the play area and he would crawl his little diapered butt over to the drowning side. Chase hated it. So off Chase went to the really tall water slide that was there. In fact, I think I saw Chase about 6 times total. He was all over the place and would come by long enough to check in and let me know he was OK. But he had a blast and both the boys slept all the way home.

After we left, I took a small 10 minute detour and went through Southington, CT. We drove by so I could get a picture of the original house that *A Haunting in Connecticut* was based on. It is weird seeing this house and thinking that it used to actually be a mortuary back in the day. It's just this nice, clean, femininely decorated house now.

I'm leaving today to head to Oregon. I'm hoping to pick Chase up early but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Jamie and I rented a cabin while we are out there in Waldport. It's going to be nice to camp. And I know the baby will love all the fresh air. Oregon is so beautiful but we wont' live there again unless Jim gets a job.

On a different positive note. We found a house that we both approve of and Jim is talking to the Realtors now about it. So we shall see what will happen with that. Right now I'm going to head off here so I can get things squared away for our last minute things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See you tonight. Glad you had fun. Love Mom