Tuesday, August 18, 2009

An absence worthily noted..

Yes, I know. I haven't written much lately but honestly I just can not keep my eyes open after the day is through.

So a small, quick note on the happenings within my household.

Samuel is ours now. We were granted full guardianship via the Leavenworth KS court house. I have spoken with him several times since last Friday and he is more than relieved with this decision. He knows that we won't ship him off to anyone else if we are tired of him. He is home. And that will never change. He is our newest son. And he does call me Mom which makes me feel warm inside now. But I won't lie. It is truly interesting having a teenager in our house now.

Chase is very comfortable with Sam here. He loves it, in fact. He does not miss his father or the issues that come along with the father's girlfriend and her 300 kids. OK, there are only 4 of them but that is too many for a 2 bedroom apartment. He also shared with me that he is tired of her kids because they are bossy and he is always in trouble.

Sebastian had his first child care experience on Monday. And he did better than I did to be honest. I was eager to get home and see if he was OK. Which he was fine without myself. Our FCC provider graduates on Friday so we will be utilizing her starting Monday.

I have officially started classes as of Monday. And I won't lie. Part of me is wondering what the hell I was thinking with going back to college. I have learned that I am older than the majority of students I attend with. But maybe it will be different once I finally get to the main campus. I don't know, but I will work forward and find out for sure.

Right now, it's 9 pm and I am really tired. I have homework to do in the morning and class. I will start writing more tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Trust me, they don't get any older as you go along. You will be the old lady of the classes :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun & teach them youngins old people can learn new tricks. lol Love you all. MOM