Monday, August 24, 2009

Life can be..

So crazy, so busy and amazingly still mine. Things move so fast you just never realize what passes until you slow down and say..Wow. I have survived my first week of classes and am moving swiftly into my second week. Finally, I had the opportunity to speak with Mr. Wiley Wright who will be in charge of my education as a Mortuary Science student. He has invited myself to make an appointment to visit with him in Kansas City, KS and see that facilities there. Where I will finish the last 37 credit hours of my degree. I did learn on the phone today that I have 37-40 credits worth of general requirements that I can take as long as I want to finish. But once I am finalized with those credits I will apply to the Mortuary Science program and then I have a year to finish the last 37 credits of my degree.

We had our first family visit with Dr. Weidenger on Sunday and it was great. There will be a lot of work ahead for Samuel, and along that route, we as a family will be right there to support and assist him with whatever he may need. He really is a good kid, and just needs the love and true support he has never honestly had. And he will thrive once he realizes we are not going anywhere and we will not be *kicking him out* just like the others in his life have done before then.

Chase is a little upset with his biological father right now. His father is telling other people that I beat Chase for piddly little things here and there such as peed underwear in the toy box. It's stressful for Chase because he knows it is not true. But there is nothing he and I can do about it. So I am allowing this as the opportunity to teach him how to ignore stupidity. Because that is all it is, jealousy and stupidity. It has been like that since we split up over 5 years ago and I highly doubt it will change for the next 30.

Right now I need to get going so I can work on my reading and math classes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhmmmm, Mortuary Science?

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Wow thats a real dead lifes job, but it will always be needed. Good choice. Glad all is working to your advantage. I noticed Sam call you Mom a couple times. It proves he truly does trust you now. You & Jim are wonderful parents & Sam couldn't get better.

Mom

Dak-Ind said...

we liked Sam, truly. i think you are right... given the oppurtunity to just be a boy, secure and safe... he's going to be just fine.

school started so early for you. i wish ours had, too. we dont go back for another few weeks. good luck!