Saturday, June 6, 2009

Crabby Baby and the Horrible Day...

Man, I have been neglectful of my blog and fans..Sorry people!

Things have been moving along so fast lately I can't seem to keep up. And when I can keep up I'm too exhausted to write. I have been going through each of the rooms and cleaning out stuff that is not needed or just general dust and icky. I will again reiterate how much *crap* a person can collect when they don't pay attention.

Yesterday I utterly tortured the baby out of pure amusement! He made a mess on the floor with his rice chex, so I dug out the vacuum. He curiously watched as I unwound the cord and plugged it in behind his high chair. I then turned my back on him and the high chair so I could vacuum in front of the couch where his mess was. While vacuuming I heard Squeaky laughing his butt off and felt some tugging. I turned to see him shaking the cord back and forth and laughing like an adorable little gargoyle! But when I turned, the vacuum was suddenly pointing towards him. He didn't like that and started running as he turned..RIGHT into the wall. He missed the doorway by about 4 inches. And I got my laugh.

It was really funny the first time, but about the 7th smack into the wall I was in tears. Because each time I would turn around and vacuum in front of the couch he would be laughing again and shaking the cord to the vacuum. And when I would turn the vacuum in his direction his little feet and legs would operate before his sense of direction! And he could be directly in front of the door and STILL hit the wall! It was great!

However, he got his revenge this morning for sure. I went into the kitchen and made his bowl of cereal. When I came into the living room he was smack on top of my table. So in the time it took me to set him on the floor and tuck in the bench he climbed up on..He decided that my cell phone needed a bath. Ploop! Into the coffee cup it went. Now the phone sat in a bag of white rice all morning and did manage to dry out. But the coffee make it's danger known and off we went to Sprint to replace my phone.

We are discontinuing with Sprint once we get to Kansas. Going with another company called Cricket Wireless, so I asked the lady there is they had any refurbished phones that could get me through until October. Oh, they had one. A pink, pearly chick phone. Yech. It was only 20 dollars with the charger so I am not complaining. But I won't be letting anyone see it if I don't have to. Because it is indeed something people would laugh at me for. And I'll tell you what..Who ever had the phone before me was not at all nice to it. It's all knicked and beaten up. But it works. Well, everything but the charger worked.

So when I got home I called and let them know the charger was not working right. So they said come on back and we will find you a charger at no cost. And off we went back to the store. Off the exit at 97 to the corner. Look left, look right, inch forward. Look left, look right, inch forward. Look left, look right..Sudden Stop. Look directly in front of me and HOLY SHIT..There's a Toyota Prius right there. Now, I calmly put my car in park. And step out. I'm in complete fear at this moment that I hit this little car hard enough to set off the air bags. But apparently I didn't because they driver got out unscathed with a big smile on her face.

It was Adele. I could have just screamed! Not only did I completely rear end this woman, BUT I TOTALLY KNEW HER! Her and I were in the positive parenting class together. I couldn't freaking get over it! And I told her that I looked left and right but somehow in the process missed her entire damn car. Which in turn made her laugh even more! Luckily there was no damage to either of our cars. And Adele started to laugh and said..I'm taking the class with Ruth again..I'll tell her I ran into you..which in turn made me laugh some more.

So we went our separate ways. And I shook the rest of the way to the Sprint store and home. Where I have gone no where near my car for fear of breaking something else.

OK, bath time for Squeaky. And almost less than a week until Jim comes home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun life of a mother. Yep kids are getting even for all you did to me, just like i promised. lol Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Geez everyone likes to reck my cars...and the worst thing about this car I havent even seen it or driven it yet....oh well ...lol...what a good laugh....
Jim