Friday, June 19, 2009

Fireflies, long drives and sleep deprivation..

All of those things oddly enough are pretty thrilling to me right now. As we sit here at the little picnic table in Lawrence Kansas I see for the first time in my life fireflies. At first it really caught me off guard. And now I am just tickled pink as I look across into the field and see about 20 or so flickering their mighty butts at me. Odd that something that small can just tickle me pink.

The drive to Kansas started out pretty fast but slowed towards the end. Irony is that we drove through New York and Pennsylvania missing the tolls. But once we got into Kansas and within the last 30 minutes of our drive..I'll be damned if we didn't end up on a toll road of all things. Yes, Jim and I got a good chuckle out of that! But we made it to the KOA *his first stay at one* and hit the local Walmart to better prepare us for our weekend stay here. It's quiet with the exception of the occasional train whistle and the 3 trillion crickets hiding out around us. Those crickets are probably encouraging the massive amounts of little flickering butts right now.

We had some laughs, saw some beautiful sights and ironed out a few small issues but are eagerly awaiting Monday to sign for our very own home. That's going to be nice to get into. YAY!

I will write more later, but for now I think I am going to go take a peek at those fireflies a little closer and then get some sleep.

No comments: