Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Driven to Distraction.

Sometimes things happen in your life just to make you wake up. I got a phone call this afternoon that really shook up my world. Don't worry, Jim is OK. It had nothing to do with him. I will share more about this phone call once my world is squared away again.

I decided not to take our road trip because of this phone call. I want to try and make sure my stuff is all together just in case. So Ive been working on the house with chores. Laundry is almost done. I'm going to get Chase into bed soon so I can do the floors downstairs. His first day of second grade is tomorrow. And that is another thing driving me nuts. My baby is in second grade. I was just changing his diapers not long ago.

He has been having some issues the last few days with bed wetting. I was angry but then I pulled up some pages and learned quite a bit. For instance, bed wetting is a heredity thing. I think I may have wet my bed once in awhile, but I will be quiet and pin this one on my ex spouse.

Just a couple of little excerpts from what I read:

The most important thing to remember is that no one wets the bed on purpose. It doesn't mean that you're lazy or a slob. It's something you can't help doing. For some reason, kids who wet the bed are not able to feel that their bladders are full and don't wake up to pee in the toilet. Sometimes a kid who wets the bed will have a realistic dream that he or she is in the bathroom peeing - only to wake up later and discover he or she is all wet.

Some kids who wet the bed do it every single night. Others wet some nights and are dry on others. A lot of kids say that they seem to be drier when they sleep at a friend's or a relatives house. That's because kids who are anxious about wetting the bed may not sleep much or only very lightly. So the brain may be thinking, "Hey, you! Don't wet someone else's bed!" This can help you stay dry even if you're not aware of it.

So I was happy to know I was on the right track when I made Chase change his own sheets each time. But that's a lot of laundry. Oh wait. I like cleaning. Never mind.

OK, I'm going to take my over stressed mind and go tuck in my big boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arica, I hope everything is ok. I want you to know that I have alot of experience with the bed thing. E-mail me if you need to.
Jess