Friday, August 22, 2008

Our trip to Cali Part 1

Yes, the gratuitious self camera portrait while driving. This was actually taken towards the end of our trip, however I thought it appropriate for the beginning of this blog. The first leg of our trip started at 0400 on Monday the 11th of August. The kids were wide awake for some time that early, but eventually Chase fell asleep on Chy's lap. She giggled for awhile as well at Chase snoring. Soon there was a loud chain saw noise from the back as both kids were snoring. Oh, did I mention Sebastian snores as well? Yeah. It was a long drive. We made it through Redding at about 1300 and then to my Mother's long time friend Sheila's house about 1530. It was a beautiful trip minus the fact we could not get the stupid AC to work. I personally think that maybe it was just too hot for it to work. 108 degrees is really damn hot. But it was a DRY heat. Yay!!! I added some more pictures below of us in the car during this first part of the trip.

Chyilene absolutely passed out in the car sound asleep. Chase is asleep below.


What a fantastic big brother! He was right there to help out provided we had a good bottle made for Sebastian!

I soooo have the cutest kids in my family! This would be Chase and Chy hamming it up on the way home from Cali...We were again messing with the camera.

Yes, even Sebastian was sacked out for the drive. Chase and Chy had to take a picture of him so he could be included as well.


Our First Motel.

So after the very nice visit with Sheila we drove this really long windy road and ended up in Vallejo. *Just a small added note..if you ever travel with my mother...dont ask her to read the map...you will get dizzy in the process* We stopped at one motel with the ideals that they had a heated outdoor pool. When I walked in to check out the place, I noticed the pool was covered. Oh..I noticed the one legged man standing as though he was in trouble in the corner as well. Kinda gave me the creeps. I then asked the clerk if there was another pool, or just this one that was covered. Would you believe me if I told you she actually asked...*what pool?* Smile, nod and walk quickly out the door. Explain to my mother that we will find another motel. Around the corner to Motel 6. Rent our room, very nice accomodations. Very clean, nice pool area. Corner room and QUIET! So I run and get dinner, feed the kids and then *TO THE POOL BATMAN!!* For like two seconds, cause it was FREAKING COLD!!! Yes...Not a heated pool like those of us from Oregon are used too. Even poor little Sebastian was shivering. My Mom was heading out the door to take pictures as we were heading in. All of our teeth chattering REALLY explained it all. So we settled in and got some well earned sleep.


Sebastian and I were obviously the first ones awake. That boy has an internal alarm clock that bothers me. His idea of sleeping in is 0630. Damn. He is his father.

Did I happen to mention at all sometimes Chase does not wake up well if there is a camera in his face? Just in case...See above...Hehehe

I have to admit. I love waking up to my two wonderful boys. Look at that smile. And doesn't it look as though he is waving at me? Ever little inch of his chubby legs and small, nimble fingers makes me feel I have done well. Chase amazes me everyday with simple things. Holding the door open for me. Telling me he loves me. Wanting to hold my hand. I am truly blessed.

Tomorrow I will write about our visit with Great Grandma and my long lost Uncles. I seem to finally be tired this evening.

No comments: