Sunday, August 24, 2008

Santa Cruz



Nothing fancy tonight...just some pictures of our trip to Santa Cruz. My head is killing me and we have to get up early tomorrow morning to get Carter in for shots. It was a nice, quiet weekend..no drama. Got a couple of good phone conversations in with my husband. Messed with the GPS unit a bit. Started figuring out how and what to pack for our trip to Virginia. I'm excited yet a little scared at the same time. It is a long drive...but I will be able to mark more states off of my calendar and get some more shot glasses. The picture above was the view of the shoreline at Santa Cruz. We just stayed on the boardwalk as we were ill prepared to take the kids out into the sand.




Does anyone recognize that bridge? It was used to film one of the best almost cult classic movies ever! The Lost Boys. Remember the scene when he falls into the fog down below? And how far it seemed like he was falling? Yeah...you could stand a 6 foot person on my head and that is how far the ground really is from the bottom of the bridge.


That picture of the roller coaster could soooo be a post card, couldn't it?This is the water ride that I managed to somehow get the kids on...And the end result was this fantastic picture...My friend Andrea said this ride probably took about 5 years off her life...


By the time the kids got off this ride...a giant pirate ship that rocks back and forth...Chy had sunk clear down in the seat and was almost under the bar...I think she was scared...


The air ride that took you from one end of the Boardwalk to the other.

The kids playing on some of the arcade games along the walk way.

The world's greatest Grandma walking with her youngest and last Grandchild!









No comments: