Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ok, enough!

With the whole Michael Phelps thing! Good lord! He smoked a little pot people. It's not like he torched a church with dozens of innocent orphans burning to death inside. This kid is exactly that, a kid! Who went to the Olympics at 25 years of age! Who in turn brought the USA 8 freaking gold medals! There are some days I can barely get my ass up and down the stairs. So my philosophy on his *huge* pot smoking problem? The kid was just showing us his amazing lung capacity from all that practice at swimming the Olympics.
On to bigger and better things..Geesh. Chase is improving in school a little more with the Tenex added to his Adderal. The reports back have been a lot better, so I'm starting to breathe a little easier. Squeaky is not wheezing as much. Only when he does his version of the Olympics and knee sprints through the house. And then it's a very light wheeze.

I'm doing much better than I expected with changing my diet and exercising. I went to the Dr. today to talk to him about how to better approach this stuff and we did a weigh in. Now, if his machine is correct I have already lost 2 pounds. Which I won't lie..I would be very happy because it is showing progress. The exercise is not a problem, I get tons of that all day chasing after baby and cleaning my house.

Some people and their stay at home Mother notions need to be corrected here and now. I am a stay at home mother. But I will tell you right now I am busier now than I was when I had just Chase and worked a full time job. And as well, you can ask anyone who knows me well how immaculate my house is. Now I know that old adage of *A clean house is an unhappy child* and blah blah blah. But I also know that since I have the opportunity to be home with my children until I start college the LEAST I could do is make sure this place is clean and my children and clean and well fed. I never understood the concept of a stay at home mother who had a trail through all the dirt and crap in her house. That makes me wonder what in the hell she does all day? My day usually starts with making breakfast, doing dishes, feeding, bathing and dressing baby and then off to drop off Chase at school.


Then chores such as check the mail, Dr appointments. Maybe the grocery store if I need to do that. Back home to clean my floors, put away laundry. Occasionally I have had an efficient morning where I am able get everything done before I have to drop off Chase. Not often. Those little nap times with the baby are nice. I won't lie about that. But it does not happen often. When baby takes his naps now I catch up with reading I need to get done. Or I do research on our new duty station. I have even started checking out who, what, where and when for our road trip to Kansas.

Right now though my back is killing me so I am heading upstairs to bed.

No comments: