Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stress and life...

And the world turns. Some days I just want to scream and rip my hair out. They start out crappy and usually I get them turned around by the end of the day. Today was one of those. I really hate being a one income family. I have worked since I was about 17, always doing something. Now granted, we have our bills paid off with the exception of the cars. But soon we will pay off one car. And get extended warranties on both of them. But it's truly times like this when I get stressed. They made a mistake on Jim's check so we are short now. Luckily I paid off all the credit cards last month so they are there if we need them. But it's just going to take some serious carefulness to get through the next month. Which I know I can do. Food won't be an issue as with the dieting I have learned portion size. We are eating about a quarter of what we used to. It's saving a lot of money with the exception of the fruits and vegetables intake now. And measuring the salad dressing. Good lord, it will take me about 3 more months to use up the bottle I have right now. And I've been using it for a little over 2 months.

Chase's parent teacher conference went very well. He is improving in leaps and bounds which makes me feel as though I am seeing progress! YAY! It's hard work, but we are getting there. Together we are reading Old Yeller, and he reads a paragraph or two out of it with me.

Before we headed to his parent teacher conference I took him out to Target. It was time for him to shop for little brother's birthday present. He had $50.00 from his allowance jar. I was pretty proud of him because he did the math and everything. He bought Squeaky a pair of jeans and a shirt to wear on his birthday. Then he picked out two cute toys. And he got wrapping paper with bows. He did very well. His math was a little off because I didn't go into the whole tax thing, but that's ok. I just smiled and covered it for him.

OK, I need to scoot because baby is letting me know he is done with his fruits and I need to feed him. FOR REAL MOM!!

1 comment:

Dak-Ind said...

see if you were in OREGON, you wouldnt have to teach him how to multiply percentigages at this age.

hehehe.

we miss you guys. i hope to meet the fabulous spouse in person some day. he and chris can go do guy things, like golf or paintball or whatever it is guys do while we do some serious mommie playdate stuff.

-m.