Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sleep and the cupboards~

Ahhhhhh.....That's the sigh of relief I let out this morning at 0730. Yes, I said it..0730. Without one single wake up from 830 pm on. I woke up briefly at 0430 because I had to use the ladies room. And I realized just how quiet my house was. No whimpers for a bottle. Just soft little snores as I snuck past his bedroom. Well, as quietly as a bull in a china shop could sneak. Everything in this damn house creaks. It sounds like the floor is going to fall through when Chase is playing in his room which happens to be above the living room. But yes, silence. It was great and I hope we have hit that stage finally. The picture below he is sleeping with his binky, but come March 5Th there will be no more binky. Just like his older brother did on December 6, 2001. No more binky after the first birthday. On another note we received the babies stuff for his first birthday in the mail yesterday. Chase is tickled pink because he is in charge of brothers first birthday with Mommy's supervision. So today we are going to go pick out his birthday cake and make out the small guest list. We don't know many babies around here, so it will mostly be adults. I'm sure Squeaky won't mind at all.

Now onto more humorous things. A few days ago while I was busy cropping the Vermont pictures I noticed how quiet it was in my house. So off to the right I notice some movement and look up just in time to see this. Squeaky had emptied out and crawled into the cupboard. Now the good news is that I cleaned out the cupboard of stuff I don't use anymore. But the bad news is that he accidentally broke a vase that Jim had sent me flowers in when he was in Iraq. But Squeaky was OK, so that's all that mattered to me. And best of all, I had my camera right there and handy! So a few snapshots were in order.


The one below is really just a look of surprise! I was actually able to sneak up on him and get this picture while looking down. He started laughing after he jumped about 5 feet from my voice. He was in the zone..lol Yes, he looks so fearful, doesn't he?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody got caught red handed. Oh well about the vase and yes I glad little man was ok...

Love
Jim

Dak-Ind said...

ohhhh i LOVE the black and white.
i admit and agree... if it gets quiet around here, Indy is UP TO SOMETHING.