Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sicko.

Yesterday and today I watched a documentary in my quiet time called Sicko. It's made by Michael Moore. Now, I have heard good things and bad things regarding this documentary so I decided I was going to check it out for myself. And I am glad I did.
I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone who reads this. It is an eye opener. I really stopped and did a lot of research on my own regarding socialized medicine and the living conditions of various countries that support it. I am truly appalled that in this great land of ours, we street people who can not afford their medical bills. And I know it happens because I have seen it. Over here in Connecticut a lot of places will not treat you unless you pay up front what your insurance will not cover.

I felt truly blessed to have Tri-Care insurance until I watched this documentary. Now I wonder if my family really will be OK or will my husband and I have to work other jobs to have extra insurance to save our asses as we get older?

Or maybe moving to Canada would be better in the long run? We shall see. I will be passing this documentary along to my friends Jess and Jenna. And then, I will send it out to my Mother in Oregon because she herself feels the same way I did before I saw this.

Now, along other notes Squeaky has been sick the last few days. He has a virus right now called RSV. And because of this I won't be doing parent pick up for the rest of the week. RSV is a basic common cold in adults, but the number 2 killer of infants 6 months and younger. And with there being so many infants and newborns at the parent pick up I would be devastated in the least if one of them were sickened because of this. So I lean to the side of caution. But on a lighter note we had to pick up a new humidifier for Squeaky. So below is a picture of it. I gotta tell you that Chasers and I giggled so hard when we turned this thing on. The mist comes out of little slits above the eyes and below the mouth so it looks like smoke. It is the cutest thing!


OK, I am off to relax and watch a movie until I fall asleep. Along with baby being sick, I am as well.

1 comment:

Jessinct said...

We saw those at Target. They are cute. I hope Squeeky feels better fast. RSV stinks.
I don't think I would want to see that movie. One more thing to worry about.(lol)