Saturday, March 21, 2009

Carnivale and more...


So today I did something way out of stretch for myself. I actually went out and bought a brand new blockbuster video. Yes, I joined the billions of others who just had to have the movie. I'm speaking about Twilight. Now, I have not read the books. But I will be reading them now. Because the movie was fantastic. As well, it made me even more homesick for the Pacific Northwest. Forks Washington is where this movie was filmed. And I can honestly tell you that amidst all that constant rain, and fog..the Pacific Northwest really is breath taking. And this movie did it absolute justice.

Another thing I did *which I am sure Jim is going to kick my ass for* is spend $85.00 on two seasons of an HBO series. I don't know if many people have heard of it, but it's called Carnivale. This is a movie series that is based on the Depression era and the traveling carnies. In just the first two episodes that I watched, I was absolutely hooked. So I decided if I could find it at a good price, I would get them so Jim could see them as well. And I did. About 35 dollars cheaper than if I had bought them new. I am totally not opposed to buying used DVDs as long as they work. So I am eager to rip into these two sets of movies. I really am.

Right now though I am taking myself upstairs and going to bed. Yes, to bed at 8 pm. The boys and I are going over to Aunt Jeanne's early so I can weight in. And from Aunt Jeanne's we are driving to Augusta Maine to see Old Fort Western. http://www.oldfortwestern.org/ It's one of the original forts that the settlers built when they came on over! They are having *Maple Syrup Day*, which will be a lot of fun for Chase. They will actually tap the trees, boil the sap, and show exactly how they made maple syrup in the 1800's. Chase has recently read The Ox Cart Man, and what we will see tomorrow will fall upon this book as well. YAY!!

OK, so off to bed I go. Night all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great time in Maine. Maine is beautiful.
So your hooked on Twilight now? I am on book 2. The movie was awesome but once again the book was better. They always are.