Monday, March 2, 2009

YAY...Mom's Home!

So the last few days have been pretty rough on myself. My Mom was much sicker than we had originally thought so they admitted her to the hospital. To better summarize what happened, here is a copy of the email she sent me *with her permission of course*.


HI EVERYONE,

OK JUST LETTING YOU ALL KNOW ITS BEEN A LONG WEEKEND. AS MOST KNOW, I HAVE BEEN BATTLING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND BEEN ON UP TO 3 MEDS. TO TREAT IT. APPT. WITH DR. ON THURS REVEALED MY POTASSIUM THRU THE ROOF & B/P OVER 200. I WAS SCHEDULED FOR A BLOOD TEST & ULTRASOUND OF MY KIDNEYS AND UPPER ABDOMINAL ON FRI. AM. GOT CALL FROM DR.. HAD TO BE AT HIS OFFICE AT 3:30 PM.

TESTS FOUND I HAD ONLY 1 KIDNEY FUNCTIONING AT 40 % CAPACITY, THE OTHER HAD ATROPHIED, THERE FOR NOT WORKING AT ALL. I WAS ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY. LUCKY ME! THEY FOUND AFTER TRYING 8 TIMES TO RUN IV IT WASN'T WORKING. MY VEINS WERE NOT COOPERATING & DEHYDRATED. FINALLY A DR. FROM ER TRAUMA UNIT WAS GOING TO PUT IN A PIC. BUT HE WAS ABLE ON 2ND TRY TO GET IV INTO MY NECK, BELOW R EAR. UGG. WHAT FUN I HAD. I NOW DRINK WATER AND I LEAK.

AS YOU ALL KNOW, YOU GET NO REST IN HOSPITAL. THEY GAVE ME LIQUID TO DRINK WHICH CAUSES YOU TO EVACUATE ALL POTASSIUM FROM SYSTEM BY POOPING. WITH IV IN NECK AND HOOKED UP TO DRIP, AND B/P CUP ON ONE ARM, THEY THEN CAME IN AND PUT LITTLE VELCRO PADS ON MY ANKLES AND HOOKED THEM TO AN AIR PUMP, WHICH PUMPS THEM UP ALTERNATELY ONE AT A TIME TO KEEP ME FROM GETTING BLOOD CLOTS IN LEGS. OK NOW HOW IN THE HECK DO THEY EXPECT YOU TO GET TO TOILET. BELIEVE ME, YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO POOP THE BED. OK THE ANKLE PADS WENT. MAJOR JOB JUST TO GO TO TOILET, AND DRAG ALL THAT STUFF WITH YOU. LOL

HAD SURGERY SAT AFTERNOON THE 28TH. THEY PUT STENT INTO RENAL ARTERY GOING FROM STOMACH INTO KIDNEY. SUCH FUN, I HAD TO REMAIN AWAKE THRU IT ALL. ALL WENT WELL. BACK TO ROOM. B/P DROPPED IMMEDIATELY TO 100/68. WAHOO. NO MORE HEADACHE.

WHILE I WAS OUT HAVING SO MUCH FUN, THEY MOVED IN A ROOM MATE. SHE WAS HAVING HALLUCINATIONS. YELLING ABOUT ALIENS, AND TELLING PEOPLE TO GET OUT OF THE ROOM AT THE TOP OF HER VOICE. THIS WENT ON ALL NIGHT. I WAS OFFERED EAR PLUGS, BUT NOT MUCH HELP. WELL I MADE IT THRU NIGHT WITH LITTLE REST. FEELING MUCH BETTER, BUT WEAK I WAS ABLE TO GO HOME ON SUN. MAR. 1ST. HAD A WONDERFUL FULL NIGHT SLEEP AND FEEL GREAT NOW.



Now of course you all know I did not sleep well. I try not to, but I was expecting the worst. I was expecting the call from Dr. C telling me to go to the hospital to get tested as a kidney match. When it comes right down to it, honestly, I would be the only daughter that could donate. My older sister has so many health issues that they wouldn't even look at her. Especially with the heart problems. She wouldn't be able to survive a kidney removal surgery. And the youngest sister has been clean for over 3 years now. But they wouldn't accept her as a donor because of the past usage issues.


But now she is home, sore yet in one piece. And I am happy about it. Worried, but happy. And still prepared. If I get that call, I will move faster than lightning.

Now , onto another subject. It freaking snowed again last night. And I don't mean a little bit. I'm talking *Oh Holy Snow*. Below is a picture of our back porch after I opened the screen door. The snow is so high I scraped it off the top onto the actual porch itself. Ulo, our neighbor had shoveled enough space so Chasers can get out the back porch and down the stairs to play in the back yard. That shows how deep it is. And to step on the back porch from our door it is about a 4 inch step down. Yeah. It snowed a lot here. And I'm sick of it.



OK, I need to get off here now. I have noticed how quiet it is in the other room where the boys are playing.

No comments: