Saturday, March 7, 2009

Updates!

Hi there Everyone~

So here it is, update time! Things are going well for the Meston-Kelley family as we prepare for a new move. This time we are heading FT Leavenworth Kansas! We are all excited about this move because Jim will finally be joining us. And the best part is, he won't be deploying this time! After 4 long years, our family will finally be complete and together! We all know how damn excited that makes me! And especially Chase. I will honestly say that this deployment has been absolutely the hardest on him. But he knows Jim will be home really soon and even has it marked on his calendar. His only disappointment is that he won't be able to see him until he gets back from his father's house for a visit over the summer. But he is looking forward to the trip to the new home. And decorating his new bedroom. And being with little brother again! Chase has really come a long way this year. His academics are still struggling according to what his teacher tells me. But this is against the CT guidelines and from what I personally see he really is not that far off. His biggest challenge is when his father does not work with him over the long summer vacation. It really shows when he comes home to myself. His reading is the challenge. I shared that if he reads at least one book a day for his visit, he should be OK. I even went out and prepared him with workbooks for Math, Reading and a few other subjects. I hope he actually uses them!
Sebastian~ He is by far the clown of the family right now. Littlest man turned one on March 5Th. Then on the 6Th we had his 1 year Dr. Appointment where he received some shots he was not happy about. Not happy at all. Here is the irony of this entire visit. They poked his finger with a lancet and he was fine. They bled the finger until they had a vial halfway full and he was fine. *That blood goes to the state to be tested for lead poisoning.* But when it came time to get the actual shots he fell apart. Two quick pokes and he was done!! But he freaked out until Mommy got him dressed and we started to walk out of the room. And then he was smiling and laughing like nothing ever happened..Bi Polar for Babies? Anyone got a guide? He is a very mellow little guy, but when he gets going..Oh man! Dad is going to be a busy man when he gets home! I keep telling him that..but I think he thinks it will be all smooth...Muahahaha Man does he have a surprise coming! I attached a couple of my favorite pictures of Chase and Sebastian to this email so you guys can see how big they are getting. My babies are not babies anymore. Ugh!

Jim is doing as well as he can right now. He is basically stuck via the Army in Germany until he reports June 10Th to Leavenworth. Our ultimate plan right now is he will take leave a few weeks after he gets there to come to CT and pack up baby and I. This will happen after Chase leaves for his visitation to Oregon. Oregon friends, please keep an eye on him for me. Thank you!! From that point we will have the movers come in, pack up the house and off we will go. We are finally going to take that little honey moon we haven't had. Down the coast through Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Georgia. Up through Tennessee to Graceland. Down through Mississippi and into Louisiana to see the Castillo's! Then back up through Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri until we arrive in Leavenworth Kansas! We are planning a couple weeks to do this. I'm really excited about this trip because when it is finished I will only have Hawaii, Alaska, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, North and South Dakota and Montana left to visit. And then I will have seen the entire United States. And will have the shot glasses to prove it! Come on Tonia...lol Send my shot glass from Florida...*wink* We are also planning a trip down to Florida as a full family to go to Disneyworld, or maybe we will take a cruise. I'm not sure which one yet. We have not gone into the specifics of that one yet. I'm proud I have been able to travel this much in my life.

Jim has made a few trips cross country as well, but not with kids..lol. Another wonderful surprise for him!

When the time come to pick up Chase from Oregon, the three of us will fly out to pick up the PT Cruiser as well. We have already made a promise to go up and see Reedy at FT Lewis and I am looking forward to that! If we are lucky, Boyd will be there as well so the 3 amigos will be back together again even if only for a little bit! We will pick Chase up and take another road trip to Kansas. This time we will head down through California to spend a day at Universal Studios and maybe Disneyland as well. Or maybe we will take them to Legoland. It's out there too! I'm thinking Legoland would be a lot of fun! Into San Francisco to take Jim to the Wharf...:) Down to El Cajon to see Jim's Uncles who were banished from CT years ago..lol And then across to Arizona to see Jim's Aunt Denise and the Grand Canyon. It will be nice to finally meet her! Maybe up through Utah, across Colorado and into Kansas again to our new home.

And as for myself. I am just looking forward to having my husband home. And going back to college. I am planning to start attending as soon as we get back from picking up Chase. It's high time I get my degree done and start financially contributing to my family. I put a lot into my kids and husband right now with this deployment, but it will be nice to release some of the responsibility to my husband.

And I will continue with what I am doing. A little over a month ago I joined a weight loss challenge here. And I have kicked ass. I'm noticing an hour glass figure slowly coming back, but my biggest thing is I am now down over 10 pounds. Which is a difference in itself when I put my clothes on. And I have more to lose. My ultimate goal is to get back to my pre Chase weight of 150. And you all know me. I am hella determined and will get it done. I applaud Jim as well who is over there in Germany starving to death as he tries to figure out portion sizes as well.

OK, that's pretty much all for right now. I need to go corral and torture my kiddos..

I love you all, and thank each of you individually for the special love and support you have given me over the years. Thank you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI THERE, GIVE SQUEAKY A BIG HUG FOR HIS BIRTHDAY. BAD GRANDMA, NO CARD. BUT WILL MAKE IT UP, DIDN'T PLAN TO GET SICK. LOVE AND HUGS TO CHASE. SEE YOU ALL SOON....MOM