Monday, March 16, 2009

Life as it happens...

Everyday I wonder what is going to happen with this world.. Will it just magically blow up? Or slowly turn on it's axis until it falls off?

I see everyday someone else hurting. Maybe it is from their choices. Or it was because someone else did not stop and think? Either way, it makes me want to just stay in my house a little more each day.

I have so many friends that I love dearly and just wonder what in the hell they are thinking. Or are they thinking? They jump from relationship to relationship without healing time or even hesitation. How do you love someone else when you don't take the time to love yourself?

Now, I can not say anything about marriage and how long you should date someone before making that commitment. But what I can say is this, make sure you really know them. Make sure you really want it to be forever. Don't marry someone because it makes them happy. Marry them because it makes you both happy. Stop and imagine your life without them 1, 5, 12 years down the road. Can you? Jim and I were only together for a few months when we got married. But we have outlasted some of the stronger marriages I know already.

But I just see it over and over and over. Most of them have relationships before they even start divorces. What does that say about the future of that relationship? It says that they have no qualms about moving on before they have even attempted to fix what is there.

And good lord, stop and look at your children and how you are affecting them. Or your friends children when you come over and criticize the person you brought into their lives and then turned around and told them that they won't be around anymore. It's not right to take that leap with someone, and then expect everyone else to hate them. Because chances are that you messed things up as well but haven't told the entire truth.

My Mom always told me two things..It takes two to tango and if your gut says they have cheated then it's probably true.

So people stop and smell the roses. Life is not that bad when you are alone. Life is entirely what you make of it. Take it, mold it and live it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. SOME PEOPLE DO NOT LEARN FROM THIER MISTAKES. NO ONE IS PERFECT AND WHY TRY TO CHANGE WHAT YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH. IF YOU ARE SURE, AND YOU MARRY, WORK AT MAKING A LIFE. HUMOR & COMMUNICATION. NEVER GO TO BED MAD. TAKE A BREATH AND WALK AWAY BEFORE YOU SAY HURTFUL THINGS YOU CANNOT TAKE BACK.