Friday, May 30, 2008

Relief...

Today Chase amazed me. He had a bad day at school and got in trouble a second time for pushing other children. His attention span has been awful lately. It's been rough. While he was at school today my husband made me take a pamper day so I went off and had my hair done, went tanning and attempted to get my nails done as well. Three different nail places later I gave up and decided I would do that tomorrow. Picked up Chase from school and he told me about getting in trouble. I dealt with that calmly, asked him what I needed to do to teach him to not touch other people without thier permission. His response, "Im sorry Mommy, I knew it was wrong and I just could not help it." Surprise number one, he told me he made a mistake and would try to handle it better next time.

Then off to swimming we went. While at swimming he was his own little dolphin. My amazement came when it was time to jump off the side into the water and instead of 5 feet, Chase ran to the 9 feet. 9 Feet. This is a child who can not stand water in his face, yet he went to the 9 foot end of the pool. On his own. And, he jumped. Into the water with a good splash. But he jumped and swam across the pool all on his own. And I, as his mother...I am proud.

No comments: