Sunday, May 24, 2009

Chase's meltdown...

So yesterday Chase found out that his father's girlfriend had her baby. And he had a huge meltdown about it. There are several reasons behind this event. The biggest one is the fact that he hasn't spoken to Chase in over 3 weeks almost. And the girlfriend had her baby on the 18Th from what I gathered. Now his anger boiled on this because Chase feels his father should have called and let him know that she gave birth. Mom..I live there too. That was what he said. And I agree. This is a big even that impacts his life and his visitations with his father. So he should have called and told Chase that it had happened.

Now more of this anger is posted towards his father regarding the lack of communications. After he was done throwing stuff around last night I had a long talk with him. A serious and deep talk. I made sure he knew it was OK to be angry with people you love. But that you need to stand up for yourself and tell the person or people why you are angry. His anger at this time is the fact that his father spends all this time with the girlfriend and her kids, but can not take 10 minutes out of his week to call him. I am his only child Mom. He should be going out of his way for me, not them. And again, I agree with him. He really should take the time to drop a card or letter in the mail. Or to send a small goody package. Or if he sees a shirt or something get it for him. And send it to him. Make him feel appreciated. Make him feel loved. Because right now he thinks his father does not love him at all.

He feels as though his father is only interested in having a family with the girlfriend and her kids. And that he is completely an outsider. And that is sad because that is how his father felt about his own father. Seriously. He wanted to break that rut when we had split up and he put Chase and himself right into it. And sadly, I am not even going to lift a finger anymore to try and fix it because it is not my rut to fill in.

I will continue to make sure that Chase knows he is number one in our household. And that he is loved more than life itself here. And I know I am doing a damn good job when he gets up and loves his little brother the same way. I see the love for myself in his face when he smiles at me.

Honestly though, someone needs to get off his ass and start either being a father..or just stop so Chase can move on. Because all that has been happening is a constant confusion for Chase. He thinks he is loved until he spends time visiting out there, and then he feels like a nuisance. Then he will come back to me and cry. My son cries after his visits with his father. Because he knows that his father only takes his visits because he is required to. It is sad that a 9 year old feels that way. And it is even worse that a 34 year old man can't see past his own nose to see how badly he is hurting his son. His only son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it is time for us to ask the state what age does Chase have to be to make is own decision if he want to go or not go to his dad home.

Jim