Thursday, May 28, 2009

Too many hands in the pot..

That's how I am starting to feel about this whole situation with Sammy. I understand there are a lot of people involved, but what it ultimately boils down to is how Jim, the caseworker and myself feel about the situation. We all know Sammy's father won't take him. He's as bad as Amory is but worse on several different levels. And after the case worker talks to him, that is if she even finds him..Sammy will be planted firmly in my home.

On a few other notes I am totally glad I went out of the way to get a baby security lock to protect the Wii system and all the games. This thing looks like a pretzel and has zip ties that wrap through the handles of the doors. Yes. And it's so complicated I can't seem to get into it. But Squeaky made it in withing 30 seconds of playing with it this afternoon. Argh is all I can say. Now I need to find a different way to lock those stupid doors.

I took Chase and Squeaky down to George's this afternoon for dinner. And I'll tell you what. I love and will miss that little restaurant and the people who work there. Holly who is the main waitress had tears in her eyes when we left. She is good people, let me tell you. I will definitely visit there again next time we are in Connecticut.

And as for the house, it passed inspection! There are a few things that are cosmetic that Barbara wants changed right away. The biggest thing she was adamant about was replacing the water heater. It was due as the one in the house is over 20 years old. And the VA inspector told the owner he needed to build a platform underneath it in the garage that is at least 18 inches high since we will be using the garage for an actual garage. Other than that she said it was little things like fixing some of the siding. She also was pleasant enough to tell me a couple of really cool places I could take the kids when we got here to eat and what not. She even told me a few places to play bingo..YAY! I told her we would have to go!

OK, for right now I am going to go and cuddle with Chase. He has a sleep over tomorrow night and I'm sure his macho young self doesn't want Mom all cuddly with him then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy all went well with house. And i know that Sam is best with you. He needs to reconnect with family. Sam& I are lucky to have you love us. He is a smart young man & will figure it all out quickly. Love you.