Wednesday, May 6, 2009

To Cell or Not To Cell..

That is the question.

I had posted a comment on my MySpace about whether or not I should get Chase a cell phone of his own. Now there are some things that have arisen in the wake of this decision so I will write them out to help Jim and I decide whether we should get Chase a phone of his own.

As some of you are aware, Chase will be leaving May 30Th to go do his visitation at this father's house. He is not happy about it because now there will be four other children in the house. Chase's father's girlfriend is expecting a baby any day now. Not by Chase's father so everyone is aware. This baby is either the product of her husband or someone else she was sleeping with at the time. He knows his father will be spending more time taking care of that baby than he will be taking care of him. And that really bothers Chase. Sadly, I had to explain to Chase tonight there is nothing I can do. That all he can really do is step up and share his feelings with his father. Anyhow, moving on.

While Chase is visiting with his father he has very limited access to a phone according to him. Or whenever Chase wants to call me his father either won't let him or says there is no time as they need to go do something. Now this is what Chase tells me, so I don't know if it is true or not. But I would honestly lean towards what he says over his father.

Either way I really just want a way that I can talk to my son without having to deal with his father or the girlfriend. That's how I am feeling about it.

On to other news. Things are in transition for the move. I received our email for the movers today. They will be here on the 16th to pack us up. I have our motel reserved for the 3 days we will be here visiting until our drive. I have the list of stuff we need to pack into the car for our trip. I have called about getting my medical records, the dental records for Chase and I, and already have my OB records. Still waiting on records from the school and both the boys medical records.

Working on getting things ready for Chase to go to Oregon. I also found out that when we get to Kansas Jim will be heading to North Carolina for a little over a month for schooling. So I will be flying to pick up Chase in Oregon during Thanksgiving with the baby ALONE again. But I'm a big girl, so I can handle it.

Nice thing about our transition to Kansas is that we are working on buying a house when we get there. Our own house. One for just us. No more paying someone else's mortgage. It will be great. Something I can paint and know I won't ever have to change it. YAY!!

Ok, I need to get upstairs and get some sleep. I have been staving off a headache all day.

No comments: