Friday, May 1, 2009

It's the title...

Literally. It's the title to my car in Oregon. It is paid off in full, and the title is in our hands. How good that feels!! Time sure flies when you are really busy..with life. Life keeps you on your toes, that's for sure.

A few days ago Chase got a little note card in the mail. It took me a second to think of who it was as they mailed it from another part of Connecticut. While we were figuring out how to get home from Kennedy Airport in NY my wonderful little boy found a really nice luggage tag next to the luggage terminal. I told him to throw it away but he persisted that we should send it to him. So I made it his challenge to see if they would respond. He picked out a little *hi there* card at the Dollar Tree, addressed it himself with the names on the tag and then wrote a little something in the card. I took him to the post office where he paid for the postage out of his allowance and into the mail it went. And wouldn't you know..He got a little card in the mail that said, Thank You Chase, You are a really good boy for doing this! That made him so proud, but what made him more excited was the dollar bill tucked inside the card! He quickly put the money in his piggy bank and walked around with a smile on his face for the rest of the day.

Nothing more to report right now with the exception that we are looking seriously at houses over there in Kansas. Much to some people's dismay that is. But we are looking and have found some wonderful homes. I think we may have even found a settler. But we shall see, and I will keep you all updated.

And as for the earlier blog I wrote about my friend..I have not heard a word from her. I am unsure if she has read the blog or not. But she has not texted, called, messaged or even emailed for over a week now. Maybe she is going through the throws of anger? Maybe she doesn't even know I wrote it. I don't know, but I'm not going to worry myself over it as I have enough on my plate right now.

Tomorrow? Clean my house. I've been lax in that lately. The dust bunnies are proud of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Chase. Grandmas proud of you. Taught Mom a lesson, didn't you. Not to worry, when your friend wants something, you will hear from her...lol Love you all...MOM