Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tragedy and Wolverine..

Yesterday was a tough one. I had a huge date planned with Chase. We spent most of the day preparing for our trip to Niagara Falls. Laundry, packing. Getting things from the basement we needed. Packing sleeping bags and pillows. Got our hot dogs and chips. And then on the way from the store my phone rang. Mom calling on a Sunday. That can't be a good call. So I nervously answered the phone. And what I heard was really not what I was expecting.

My 16 year old cousin Jordan Murphy passed away. I was expecting her to say car accident or something that a teenager would die from. Nope. His heart gave out. His father Danny had died at a young age as well. He had heart problems and had a pacemaker put it. So it was tough on Debbie and the rest of the family when he passed away. So as time moves along, the oldest son is fine. His heart works well. And he is extremely intelligent also. But then Jordan started having a few murmurs here and there. Last year he had a pacemaker put in as well. And then yesterday he slipped away from the world forever.

Now, I haven't had my cry on this yet. I am again not terribly close at all with Jordan and his family. But I am more upset that Debbie has lost not only her husband, but now her child. No woman should ever out live her child. Ever. And what really upsets me the most is this boy never even had the opportunity to get out and live. He never got to experience love. Or travel to exotic places. Or see the birth of his own child. Now, I know there is always a reason for things. This time I don't understand the reasoning.

But I chose to choke it down and make sure Chase had a great date with Mom. We took Squeaky over to Mom Kelley's house where he spent time with Grandma and Grandpa. And then Chase and I headed to the movies. And in to see Wolverine. Now don't laugh when I mention that this is a really small theatre. But I will tell you there aside from Chase and I, there were only 4 other people. Two of them came in right after we did. And then about 5 minutes into the movie 2 more came in. Now, these two sat across the aisle and behind us about four rows. And I will tell you right now that they annoyed the hell out of me. So much so that Chase even said something.

For about the first 15 minutes of the movie you could actually HEAR them chewing their popcorn. And I don't mean the sound that you hear when you put the popcorn in your mouth. I am talking the sound a cow makes when chewing his cud. SERIOUSLY! But I kept my mouth quiet. And they talked, but not at whisper level like you would think in all common sense would happen in a theatre. No. Full voice. COME ON PEOPLE! It was about 20 minutes into the movie and they were discussing what was happening on the screen when Chase says..Mom..I can't hear. So I turned and said *SHHHHH..please.* VERY Loud SHHHH with a VERY quiet Please. And they did. After they gave their dirty looks, the shushed. I tell you, I had a whole lecture ready in my head had they mouthed off. But they didn't so I was happy. Because I really do not like confrontations in front of my children.

But we watched the movie in silence and I might add it was AWESOME! I have heard mixed reviews about it but Chase and I loved it to death! Definitely a buy able movie! And I am eager for the new Transformers and oddly enough Terminator as well to come out.

But for now I need to get going because my Husband is on the phone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You. But a note Jordan was 14 almost 15 in 2 weeks. Still much to young to die.

Arica Earley said...

That just makes it all the harder for everyone around. I know he is resting peacefully now and watching down on his Mother.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your young family member.
Jess