Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sammy update...

Good morning!

Just a little update to let everyone know. I now have my contact person in Kansas. Unfortunately we can't do the home study or backgrounds checks until we are physically in Kansas. However depending on who has custody of Sammy right now is how fast this process will move. Let's hope it is either Rob or the State of Wisconsin. Because honestly speaking I think Amory will fight Sammy being placed in my home. We have not spoken now in almost 15 or more years with the exception of Bingo one time for my Mother's sake. And that was strained to say the least. I think everyone was uncomfortable there.

To my knowledge at this time Amory has been deemed incompetent through the County she is living in. Sammy was upset because he did not hear from her for quite a few days. They did eventually find her as she was transferred to another city and a different nursing home. I could not imagine my life with all my rights and my children stripped from me. And I won't say anything negative as I know some of her children will be reading this. I am just sorry that those children are even having to deal with this. And also, thanks to complete strangers like Rebecca, Liz and Rob..there was some length of stability for them. Thanks guys! You are living proof that there are truly awesome people in this world still.

So as I sit here writing this blog, Sammy's case worker is contacting Amory's case worker to see who has custody. This way we can figure out who, what, where and when. I have impressed upon her that Sammy is out of school in Wisconsin on June 9Th *my younger sisters birthday* and that he would start school in Kansas on August 11Th. Far be it for me to push the State to do something rather quickly but I really have this urge to give this young man some resemblance of stability. I spoke to him on the phone yesterday and asked him how I would find a can of *camouflage colored* paint. He chuckled and said that was pretty funny. So I suggested that when we picked him up that we all go and pick out the colors for his bedroom. And that he could help me with painting his room and getting it decorated. I heard a certain lightness in his voice. Almost a sigh of relief.

One of the things I was most adamant about was making sure the State stay involved in Sammy's care. I have heard a few things here and there that suggests to myself he is really going to need a lot of counseling. I also shared with the caseworker that at no time what so ever would I want him taken out of our home at all with the exception of his physically hurting one of the other children with intention. And I am honestly not worried in the slightest about that. He is slowly warming up to myself and sounds like such a sweet little guy.

My reasoning with his not being pulled is that is a trick of his Mother's. I watched her do it for years and years with Tony. When she was tired of him she would leave him with my Mother. And when the State wanted proof she had him for her welfare *poof* she would show up and just take him. I remember Tony would wear layers of clothes for years because he never knew when she would just show up. Eighty degree weather and he had 3 layers of pants on.

I will also say that i am proud of Cody. He is my other Nephew who has turned 18 recently. And thanks to the love and support of Liz *HUGS* he will be graduating High School this Friday. Way To Go Cody! You Rock!! With everything that young man has been through because of Amory, this was a huge accomplishment! Congratulations!

OK, it is time for me to head off into the other room and tickle the baby! I'll write more soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lets home you have no trouble getting and keeping him. It would be sad to have him get excited and not be part of your family.
Keep us posted.
Jess