Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions 2009


My visit has nearly come to an end in Oregon. I have seen more snow here than I remember in my life. I have seen friends that mean the world to me. I have removed people from my life that are poison. I have made new friends to enjoy for the years.

I came to several very strong realizations. My life is simple, yet hectic. My life is strong, but there are some weak points. But most of all, my life is just mine. No one elses to dictate. No one elses to make choices with. I married my best friend, my lover, my rock. He has done everything for me he possibly can with our distance. But he is mine. And he loves me. And he loves our sons.

I have traveled not only throughout the states, but other parts of the world as well. I have had not only one very handsome son, but I now have two. I have friends that have been with me for over 20 years. I have friends that have been with me for over 15 years. I have friends that have been with me for over 10 years. My husband and I are heading into 4 years of marriage at this time.

I have been through divorce. I have been through custody court. I am a believer that what does not kill you will make you stronger. I have survived life, and kicked it's ass. Yet it has kicked my ass as well at times. But I still move forward. Because my life is worth living.

I have many blessings that sometimes I don't see.

So my Resolutions this year are simple. Nothing outlandish. And here they are for God and all to see.

1) I will not speak about anything other than my son's safety and accomplishments with a certain someone. I will not be drug into his drama and outlandish lifestyle. He has not ever grown up, and never will.

2) I will lose 50 pounds hopefully by the time Jim gets home in June. If not, definitely by the time I write a new Resolution Blog.

3) I will quit drinking completely. It is not only a complete waste of money, but I tend to make an ass of myself and am tired of people remembering me from the bar. I have so many better qualities than that.

So there it is, and I will keep you updated through the year on my progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Hun I know what ever you decide to do I know you will meet those goals. I did not see anything about going back to school?

Love Jim