Thursday, November 6, 2008

How do I feel?

Well, how do I feel about the new President Elect? I'm scared. I'm nervous. I'm unsettled. I am unsure of the next four years.

I did my research and I am still not positive this is who should be running the country. I am scared for my Husband's career and where that will possibly end up. He is not a big supporter of the Military. And that means millions of other families including my own may suffer from anything this man puts out there or on paper.

His politics on taxes has me nervous. The only thing I foresee as positive is that I will be going to college for about three years after my husband gets home from Iraq. So once I graduate and start working I plan to go into either ER, Correctional or Travel Nursing and all three of those lead to the direction of approximately $72,000 a year. Easily. And with the field my husband plans to go into after he gets out of the Army, we can add about another $50,000 to that. And *poof* There is that magical tax bracket! I have heard some people say that he is only looking at big industry to tax. I have heard others say $250,000 and higher. But what I have read on snopes.com and various other places is those who work will pay. And pay dearly. And that scares me. Why would I work so hard to get somewhere to have to pay because I rose above?

I am unsettled because I just don't know where this will all end up. I can handle change. Especially being an Army Wife. I get change more than I get schedule. I cope. It's my life. But it's scary. Very scary to think I have absolutely no idea what in the world is going to happen to my children, husband and mine's futures. And that bothers me immensely.

My mother has always taught me to fight for what I believe is right. And so this is where my fight will strongly begin. For my children's futures. For my husband's uphill career. For my career should something happen to him.

For our lives.

No comments: