Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Will this day end?

No school today. Election Day. And I even sit now and refresh my browser every 5 minutes to keep track. I'm talking to my friend Tonia who is busily doing her daughter's homework..commenting on how blue her state map is looking. It's that time of year when we are looking for that new President. That person who is going to lead us to the new world. This person is going to get us out of the *recession*. This person will fix our health care crisis. This person will either make or break our Soldiers and their families. Either way, this person will lead the country.

But our day started out VERY early. 0630 to be exact. Both boys decided that is what time they were going to get me out of bed. So I did, up and out of bed I went. Showered, straightened up the house, boys dressed and out the door we went to tackle the day. Which started with breakfast at George's. Good, healthy and filling breakfast in us and off we went to conquer the polls. Which I did! I got in there and I voted for McCain/Palin. And I said a little prayer while I cast my ballot. This is the very first time I have ever voted and I feel very proud. Very, Very proud.

That tackled, it was off to *bad mommy class* as my wonderful friend Matt put it. As I cast out the bad people in my life, it makes room for the classier and more positive ones. Thanks Matt for being a great friend and so supportive of this Army Wife. It is very much appreciated. So into class I went, and into daycare right next door for my boys. We all survived the separation and at 12 we headed out the door and off to get the car fixed.

I had received a notice in the mail for an auto recall on some parts for the Avenger. So I get in there to have it fixed and she informs me there are 3 recalls, not just one. It should take about 2 hours Mrs. Kelley. I need to be out of here by 1445. We were out within the hour. Disch Auto in Moosup is very efficient! So out the door we head to our next thing.

We have an hour to kill so we headed over to Michael's Arts and Crafts. Bought a couple of things to scrapbook with. Even got Chase some stuff to scrapbook a page for himself with. He chose a pirate motif so we shall see how it goes. Or if he gets bored with it. I doubt he will. He really thought out the stickers and page he wanted. And then off we went to our last thing for the day..

Chase's counseling appointment. Which went OK. He was a little upset when he left but we handled it together. He is mad at his father for not talking to him. For not being a good dad. Not Jim, the other one. It broke my heart that he is realizing all that is going on around him now. Or maybe he has known for a long time and just recently chosen to let it out. Either way, I will be here to help him through it.

So now I sit in front of the computer, writing my blog and watching the polls change. And change some more, and one more change here and there. And I note how close the numbers are. And I pray that a good person will take over the White House.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, children really do take notice of things around them. I think it is a step in the healing process for him. I am glad the therapy is there for him.