Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pissing off the ex..

Is so much fun. Especially when I stand up for myself.

So last night he FINALLY called Chase to talk to him. Talked to him for about 5 minutes and then told Chase he wanted to talk to me. So he did. I said hello and he asked if we were splitting tickets again. I said no. The history is that when there was only one child to care for, he would pay for Chase's ticket and I would pay for mine. I would fly out there and spend time with my friends and family while Chase was visiting his father. I would get Chase and we would fly home. It seemed cheaper with the exception that I was doing all the traveling. And it's wearing on me. I've been doing this now for almost 3 years. Out of all the trips to Oregon, his father has flown out 2 times to pick him up. So that would be 2 times out of 9 trips. Time for him to pull his weight.

So I said no. I explained that I am tired of doing all the work for his visitation and that it is time for him to pull his own weight. He said OK and started to argue about saving money. I said OK, if you want me to do all the flying for these trips then you can pay for Chase's round trip plane ticket and half of my round trip ticket. And then I will pay for our luggage. And I will not complain. Nothing. He hung up on me. Very mature thing to do. So now he is mad at me because I am going to force him to pull his own weight. Oh, that and I reminded him he signed a 90 day agreement so he has to show proof by this Saturday he purchased the tickets as well. Not a happy man. I don't think he reads any of the paperwork he signs.

So we shall see. If he fails to show proof by Saturday we will be purchasing a plane ticket to bring Jim home from Germany a week early.

Now, my other gripe. *lol* If you are paid to plow some one's driveway to clear out all the snow..Wouldn't it be smart to not plow the person in? The ding dong plowed our driveway and piled all the snow up in front of my car. So I not only had to dig my way out, but I also had to go back and forth about 5 times to even get the car up that same little hill I slid down so easily. Damn, I hate this weather.

OK, I smell something not so flowery crawling past me so I must go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAVE HIM A REALITY CHECK, GOT HIS COMMIN UPPINS! ABOUT TIME HE TOOK SOME RESPONSIBILITY AND QUIT MAKING YOU DO ALL THE WORK. YOU GO GIRL! LOVE MOM

HUG BOYS!

Unknown said...

He is such a retard. I hope he screws up and does not get the tickets in time. It would serve him right. The only bad thing is that Chase will miss out on seeing his dad.