Saturday, January 24, 2009

Your Kidding, right?

So, as some of you know my ex signed a 90 day agreement stating he would show proof of purchasing airline tickets to pick up our son. Within this agreement it also states that he has a 2 week grace period to show this proof. Guess what? Today is the last day of his two weeks and he barely squeaked in his purchase of tickets. Within 20 minutes time of when he was supposed to purchase it.

But I will tell you all I am very proud of myself for standing up and refusing to help him with anything. He called to find out which airports he needed to fly into. I didn't answer the phone. I told him to do his own research, that he had the address. He asked when I could drop Chase off. I said I won't, he needed to get a rental car. I'm not catering to him anymore. I have done it too much in the past and it is not going to continue. If he expects me to drop Chase off he had better mail off some gas money. Because I won't do it otherwise.

I will also tell you that I have been a complete bitch to him the last few hours as well. I am finally dishing back to him what I have received. Just in bigger, right now doses. And the irony is this. I bet you money he won't say a word to me when Jim comes home from Germany. He won't even look Jim in the face. He's scared to death of Jim, and nice thing is that Jim will be with me from now on when we do these visit exchanges. Because I won't go alone anymore. I won't kiss my ex's ass anymore.

He has thoroughly burnt his bridge with me.

3 comments:

Terri said...

I am so very proud of you. Good job

Anonymous said...

THAT'S MY GIRL. TIME FOR HIM TO GROW UP AND BE RESPONSIBLE. CHASE IS 7 YRS OLD NOW AND YOU HAVE BROUGHT HIM TO HIS DAD 7 OF 9 TIMES. YOU GO GIRL. LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

I do agree with you...it is bout time he start sharing the load of traveling around...Jim