Monday, September 15, 2008

Another Visit..

Early this morning I called the DCF worker to share with her how the weekend went. I explained that I had absolutely no power over my son. That every time he did get in trouble, he threw it in my face that he would "call that lady and turn me in." At one point I was so frustrated I handed him her business card and told him to go ahead. Yes, I was that flustered. She asked what time he got out of school. I told her he would be home by 1530 after the bus dropped him off. She was there by 1500. And explained to myself the rights I had. Which honestly surprised me completely. When Chase got him he was a little upset. He had left his backpack on the school bus. I told him it was OK. We would go get it. And then Jim called to find out why I needed the Danielson Town Hall number. I'll explain that in a minute.

She sat face to face with Chase in front of myself and very calmly explained to him that he will still be punished for the things he does wrong. He will still get spankings on the butt. His hand will still be swatted if he does something incorrect. And she will not come out for that. Because it is good punishment. Not bad. He looked a little upset. And then he asked her if he would be taken away from me. She said only if I hurt him really bad. He said good..because he would really miss me if she took him away. I am grateful she covered that with him, and his attitude has improved since that talk.

So, I put the boys in the car and we headed to the bus garage. Picked up the backpack. Grabbed McDonald's on the way home. Yes, I know it's bad for you, but I didn't have time to cook anything. Karate is on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. We have to be at the school by 1745 so he can prepare his belt and what not. So, dinner is eaten and quick homework done. Get ready for Karate and off we go. Now I am home, boys are in bed asleep..And I sit and write.

The phone call. I went today to register the PT Cruiser in CT and I was not allowed too. Because apparently we are behind in our property taxes. So I head down to Danielson Town Hall and speak to the lady behind the counter. Well, we owe taxes on three vehicles and our sewer. That would be great IF we had THREE vehicles and A sewer. Come to find out, it is my in laws sewer and two of their vehicles. Now the third vehicle is indeed in Jim's name. But it is not supposed to be. So off to the phone I go to get the email address for my Brother in Law. I shared with Jim he could handle that one...Hehe

Anyhow..I have been working on Chase's Halloween Costume and it looks really cute so far. I will make sure I post pictures when he wears it for everyone to see. Right now, I'm pooped so I am heading to bed.

No comments: