Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th..*Sigh*

What a tragic day so many years ago. I hear the grumbles. I hear the whines. I see the mother's, wives, husband's, father's who mourn the loss of their loved ones. I feel their pain knowing that could be myself and my children as well.

But I also see it from my husband's perspective. We are doing great things for a country that would otherwise still be having massive problems. Yes, it seems after six years we have gone nowhere with our assistance. Yes, it seems after six years we have lost too many soldiers. Yes, after six years we have spent billions on a war some see as *not ours*.

But we have built schools. We have assisted children with educations they would never have otherwise. We are teaching a nation to stand on it's own two feet. We are building a strong allie. We are making a country stronger in itself by standing on it's ground. We are making a very positive change for this country.

People have stated Bush just wanted a war. Mother's who supported the war now protest after a loss of child. People talk about our invading Iraq for the oil. It is the human nature to change our minds. But I will not.

I will support my Soldier even in death should need be. I will announce his love for this country. I will make sure the world knows should something happen to my Soldier..He loved the USA. I will never protest the war. I will never complain about his being there. Because what he is doing compared to what I am doing..there is NO comparison.

His fighting on foreign ground allows my children the safety to walk along the streets. It allows me the piece of mind to know they are safe.

And should I deal with the ultimate sacrifice..I will announce I married a Soldier.

No comments: