Thursday, September 18, 2008

I attract what?

Today was an interesting day. I got up. That was interesting. I got the boys downstairs and ready for the day. That was interesting. In fact..my day was pretty collected until my sister in law came and watched Sebastian for me. I went and got my nails done and on the way stopped and checked the mail. Hmmm..something from the eye place and something from Capital One credit cards. No problem. Off I go, get my nails done and hurry home. Talk with sister in law for a bit and off she goes to finish her homework that she is behind in.

This is where my day takes a twist. I pulled up the latest credit reports to take a look at them and make sure everything is going well there. Credit scores are up a smidge..that's good. So I head to the drawer and pull out the credit report I received from the finance guy we were going through when we decided to buy a house. And I'm looking and notice something for City of Danielson. Now, it's paid off..but still on the credit report. Call to find out what it is, and it is a smudge because of taxes that were overdue on a vehicle from my brother in law. So since the vehicle is still in my husband's name I text my brother in law and ask him when he gets paid to please change the title over to his name. He states he needs a bill of sale from Jim. I ask what needs to be on it because I can do that. I have his Power of Attorney. At this point he starts freaking out and telling me he doesn't need this shit and he is just going to leave the truck in front of my house and Jim and I can do whatever in the hell we want with it. So anyone want to buy a nice Ford Explorer? Cash please.

This whole conversation ends with him telling me to *F*ck off* which is the worst thing in the world you can say to me. I will never speak to him again until I get a serious apology for that one. I told him that he needed to grow up and not make me the bad person because I am making sure my husband's affairs are in order. It is left at that. So if this stupid truck shows up on my doorstep tomorrow I will go pay the taxes on it, and I will put a For Sale sign in the window. Because I will not be treated like this for protecting my husband's name and credit record.

So that dealt with, I check out the mail I picked up today. OK, a bill..put that with the one's I will write checks for. But what is this Capital One card? It's not any numbers we have. So I call them and the original address is our Germany one. Well, long story short..apparently every once in awhile the closed credit cards will generate the yearly finance fees and open the account up again. Which is what happened to this card. So we had a 200 dollar credit limit with 178 used on a credit card they would not let us open up again in the first place. Credits all reversed, zero balance, card closed..all done with that spot fire.

Then, I went online and found plane tickets for 430 per person. So I call the gal I do all our travel through. She calls back and quotes 750. I explain I just found on Travelocity..so she does some more research. And we get our tickets today for 1050 all together. And this is the cool part. We get to stay for 2 extra days with my family for the same price. So Chase will miss only a few days of school, but he can see my parents for a little while as well. YAY! So as soon as I remember what days and times I will get them posted.

Something else happened today as well, but I'm drawing a blank. So I am going to go upstairs and TRY to stay awake for my Thursday shows tonight. And yes, it really is Thursday~!

No comments: