Sunday, September 7, 2008

Nerves and tantrums.

So I am working really hard on my follow through and making sure Chase knows I am the boss. But I won't lie. I think he "just doesn't get it". I get scared sometimes about yelling at him. What if one of the neighbors hears and thinks I am abusing him? Because honestly I am scared to death to spank him with the way the world is today. It is crazy that when I was growing up, my mother could beat me with a belt if she wanted too. Or Grandma would send me out to pick my own switch off a tree. But now they are passing legislation that you can not even spank your own child. And people wonder why in the world there are issues with children? Because some of these children need a swift kick in the ass and parents that give a crap.

So instead, I used free child labor. I put Chase to work with chores. I showed him exactly how things needed to be done. I made him clean the toilets he has a tendency to pee all over instead of in. He did not like that, I might add. He moved laundry up and down the stairs. He helped vacuum and sweep. He took garbage's out. And come bedtime he was indeed tired.

Right now I am going to scoot so I can edit pictures from the Woodstock Fair Demo for the DMAA. Night all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admit it is very hard not to loose it sometimes. I admit I have laid a little pat on both my girls a few times over the years.
I always feel this overwhealming guilt after though. I figure there has to be a better way.
Sometimes they would get into this fit and no matter what you do you can't get them "back", so a love tap would help.