Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm a VOTER!

Today I received official confirmation in the mail. I have been accepted as a Voter in the State of Connecticut. I feel very proud about this. As a younger female I really didn't care who, what, where and when. While I grow older and see the world we are weaving for our boys, I am more concerned. I am realizing my voice does count. That it can be heard. So I will now find a healthy and useful way to speak out loud.

Someone asked me this evening whether or not I was upset with them on something because of my rant blogs here and there. I must clarify for those who do not know me well, if I am upset..I will speak my mind to you. My rant blogs are simply for two reasons:

1. To help me better clear my mind and thoughtfully process how to speak to that person without coming across as angry and vindictive;

2. To calm my nerves before I speak as to control my temper.

I have stepped into shit storms before in my life, and I hate with all my heart to drop them on people I consider friends. Now, another thing I as well know..Not everyone will listen to me. And I can accept that fact. I spoke my mind, I feel better..I move on. All is simple for myself. If it gets to the point where it consumes me in thought and affects my life..I really move on. I will let you know I am offended, it is bothering me too much..and I leave. And when I am better situated mentally, I will let you know. But to be honest that has only happened a few times in my life and I personally still don't speak to those people. Too much baggage and I like to travel light.

Everyone has their thoughts and their opinions. I can respect that. I can also tell you when it is time to end a certain conversation. All I can say to people is "Educate yourself before you open your mouth". I did my homework, and I continue to do it as well.

Nothing irritates an Army Wife worse than someone who tells us that we are in Iraq for the oil.

Trust me on this.

Night all.

No comments: