Sunday, September 21, 2008

Whew! What a weekend!


Wow, we were very busy this weekend.

Friday, I had a date with my son. He took Mommy to a Medieval Dinner at the Little Theatre on Broad Street. That was a lot of fun. Squeaky stayed with my in laws while Chase and I were out. We had a nice dinner of baked chicken with stuffing and red potatoes. Lots of Ale..I think Joanna and Mary who sat at our table had waaayy to much of it *wink*..followed by Bread Pudding and a cookie. The Honey Butter for the rolls was really good so I will be looking for that recipe to use for hubby one night. We picked up Squeaky and off to the house we went to pass out.

Saturday was pretty relaxing in the morning. Then it was off to Karate. Karate went well and I am wondering if Chase will be testing again in the near future. He seems to be able to keep his concentration a tiny bit better, but not too much. And from there we went to the Killingly Cooks celebration at Davis Park. Had some really good pizza and pulled pork. Walked around and looked at Arts and Crafts, drug Chase away from kittens...and he played for a good hour on one of those bouncer house things. And then off to the house where Chase's friend Amanda came over and they played until about 7pm. In for a movie and off to bed again. Sound asleep by 9.

Today, Jonah came over at about 0700. His Mom works every other weekend so I told her I wouldn't mind watching him for her. Plus Chase would like the company. And honestly, they do play together pretty well. I had to separate them a few times, but all was good. A few toys lost in the mayhem yet nothing serious. I managed to get some chores done and smell simmering ribs and collared greens as well. Yes, we are having a small get together with Devin, Jonah and their parent's. Ribs, Sweet Potato Crunch, Collared Greens and Corn Bread. Yum.

OK, I'm going to scoot and get the Crunch cooking. Night all.

No comments: