Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Calgon!!!

Yes, take me away! It's been hectic the last few days. I have really done well with making sure Chase gets on and off the bus safely. Yesterday was bad with the bus driver though. He let Chase off the bus at the top of the hill with his little friend Amanda. I only knew this happened because I happened to turn my head a little and see his vest dart across the street. Which leads me to wonder whether he looked both ways before he ran across the street. Oh well. So this morning I told the bus driver he is NOT to get off anywhere but where he got on at. He kind of shrugged his shoulders at me. Death glare from a Mother ensued.

I did nothing but run chores yesterday, I swear. And then there was the ever loving fight to get homework done. And a fight it was. I actually got so mad at Chase I had to walk away and scream. He really pushes and pushes me. And he kept pushing me. For three and a half hours we fought to get 4 pages done. What did it take to get it finished? I scared him with the threat of a wooden spoon. He knew then I was not kidding around and finished up fast. We hurried to get dinner eaten and off to Karate we went. He did pretty well there, but some serious fidgety issues ensued.

Today, I took Chase to the bus stop and off he went. And off I went. I spoke with Jim for a little bit on the computer, and then cleaned what I missed yesterday. And finished some of the laundry. I also managed to make it down to the consignment shop where I take Squeaky and Chase's clothes when they outgrow them. I had 43.00 on my account..so I stocked up Squeaky with some serious winter stuff. Now I just need to find the standing baby carrier thing. That would come in really handy with traveling on the plane.

I still havent heard from her about tickets. Maybe I should call her tomorrow. Squeaky's 6 month well check has been moved to Friday as well. So I should be able to post then how big he is getting. He's eating cereal once a day and either a fruit or veggie once a day. Its better when I dont mix them. He's not gurfing as much that way.

Ok, I need to take a really hot shower and get some sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you do a good job but a few hints that I do just might help.
We do homework as soon as we get home. They sit on the table with a snack and drink and get it done. If I wait until after dinner they tend to slack. Maybe this would help?
Kristie is in 5th grade and they get free period and she is good about getting her's done at school.