Thursday, October 9, 2008

Is it over yet?

Wow, so this week has flown by pretty fast. I woke up this morning and realized it is Thursday already. Where did it go? I don't know, but I'm glad it's almost over.

It's been one meeting after another lately. Tuesday I was at the school doing a 504 meeting. Apparently I am going to have to push for it to happen. This meeting will help Chase with his schooling because of not being on medication. The school psychologist is saying he thinks Chase has Oppositional Defiant Disorder, but when we went to the counselor on Wednesday she completely disagreed. So last night I spoke with the DCF caseworker and she told me to keep pushing it. Because unfortunately the school system here will try not to put a child on a 504 due to the cost per child. Which is sad to hear, especially coming from a caseworker. Really sad.

And what is even more sad is that I told her I disliked this school district. And she agreed as well. We went to United Services to meet with Judy. She was a very comfortable lady to be around. I most liked the fact that she took her shoes off and made us feel very welcome to be in her office. Chase seemed to like her, and wouldn't you know! He was very polite and cleaned up behind himself while he was there. It was rather humorous when she said..I'm a new person so he is trying to impress me. Why yes, yes he is! But when we left there I felt relaxed about Chase seeing her. So off we will go next week so Chase can do a 1 on 1 session with her.

Now, CSD. CSD, DCF..all the same people but with thier heads up thier butts. At least the greater majority of them. I spoke to the gal investigating my case yesterday and she is going to work on a letter of unsubstantiation. I believe that is how it is spelled. She assured me yesterday that she sees absolutely nothing wrong with my home, my parenting and our life that renders her the need to open a case. Which made me feel good. So I shall frame that letter as soon as it comes in the mail. *kidding* She did praise me for moving as soon as she spoke though. I got Chase into counseling, I am taking a positive parenting class and I still strive to make myself a better parent. Now if I could only figure out what is going on with Chase and why he is having these behaviors, that would be great. But we will figure it out soon enough.

Ok, I need to get the big boy off to school and the midget and I need to get the Fundraiser stuff squared away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Push, push, push. I had to push to get Kristie into special help math when she was in KMS.
KCS is a much better school. KMS sucks paritally due to administration.MR.Harrington is nice. Get another opinion if you need to but do not give up.

Anonymous said...

Nope.. sorry hun.. this week is not over yet... If it was I would be on my way to get my husband tomorrow.. He comes home Sunday! Love you.. hang in there!

Kassie