Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ugh..Not again..

I started a positive parenting class yesterday. Hence why I did not write. Because I am still sorting things outs. You see, according to them I am doing everything wrong. And even so, there are women in there who are attending for the third time. I would like to think I am a better parent than this, but I'm feeling very lost and saddened right now. This week my homework is to ignore misbehavior's, not make negative comments or yell at him, and to ONLY make comments on the good stuff he does. I am sucking at this really badly right now. I would love to make comments on the good stuff, but right now the only things he is doing is negative. And if he is doing positive, it is when I'm not seeing it.

He did lose his second tooth on the top last night as well. I am hoping this is the last one for awhile because the tooth fairy is starting to go broke. And I am learning it is very difficult to sneak into a child's room when everything in this stupid house creaks.

When I went to pick Chase up yesterday from school I learned of a code system they have in place. While I was in the office talking to Mr. Rioux they had to call a *soft yellow*. I finished up my business and then headed outside with the rest of the parents. On the way out, I asked a teacher what exactly a soft yellow was. She said that they had to call an ambulance for a student and it was an indication to the teachers things would be running behind for departure from the school. I also noticed teachers closing the blinds to the windows facing the front of the school where the ambulance would arrive. They announced bus departures through the back side of the school as well.

When the ambulance arrived, there were no lights and sirens. It was a very quiet arrival, load up of the child and departure. It was calm. Most of the children who arrived for parent pick up did not even know what had happened until the parents told them. Chase is, of course, oblivious. He tends to worry too much about people.

I started him on his new medicine today. There was no effect taken as it was a really tiny dosage. In a few days I will up the dosage as his Dr. has requested. I'll keep you all posted on this one.

1 comment:

Jessinct said...

Keep your head up. I am not expert but I do like to think I am pretty good at minding my children. Let me know if I can offer some tips. New suggestions might help.
Experts are not always right but focusing so much on the negative can just inhibt more behavorial problems.