Thursday, October 16, 2008

No rest for the Wicked..

Today was SO busy! I got up on time even though I didn't want too. Squeaky was up at 0200 wide awake. So I gave him a bottle, and he was asleep again by 0300. I tried something a little different tonight..I fed him food and cereal at about 1830 to hopefully make him full enough to sleep throughout the night. We shall report back tomorrow on how that went.

I finished Chase's costume today. I learned a few valuable lessons in the process. 1) You can not do anything with raffia *straw* when there is a cat in the house. The will inevitably get it drug through your entire house before you know it. 2) Raffia does not suck up into a vacuum so you have to pick up EVERY piece by hand. 3) Cats and hot glue guns are bad combinations. But I will post pictures of the boys in their costumes for everyone to see tomorrow, I promise.

Everything is done and organized with Chase's fundraiser. Checks are all written, cash is on the way to my bank. It is now all nicely packed up in Chase's backpack and it occurred to myself today that I will have to carry all this stuff out to my car. Eek. That's a lot of freaking candle stuff.

Chasers gutted his pumpkin today and will be carving it tomorrow to take to the sleepover for judging. The best pumpkin will get a small prize. I don't expect him to win anything, but I will definitely be proud of him for at least entering. And as big as the pumpkins are, those damn things are thick skinned literally. Hardly anything on the inside..but easily about an inch and a half thick. Yuckers. I'm going to mess with the hollowed out one and Sebastian tomorrow..I hope it works!

And last but not least I picked up a walker for Squeaky today. Got it home, put together and set him in it. And realized I had it set way too high for him. His feet were dangling in the air about 4 inches above the ground. Now, for future reference..make sure the baby is NOT in the walker when you go to adjust the height. Because I can firmly tell you their legs will get squished and they WILL look at you like your retarded for adjusting it with them in it. I know. I did it. Squeaky was not happy and to make matters worse..Chase and I were laughing so hard at the look I got from him that I couldn't even adjust it upwards. Yeah..He was not happy.

One more small side note. Chase learned tonight that you NEVER take a diaper off a baby until seconds before you put them in the bath. That would be because I made him pick up the rabbit turds that Squeaky made on the floor when I stepped out of the room to tuck Chasers in. Yes, he will never touch that diaper again.

No comments: