Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An Award?

Yes, an award. That would be what Chase brought home today. He recently did a Yankee Candle fundraiser and for only have 9 days to do it, the child raised $530.00. I was very proud of his effort and it felt really good to see how happy he was today when I picked him up. He said in a pretty loud voice..*I got an award today Mom*. I asked him what for, and he said..*selling candles*. He was so calm, but you could see the excitement in his eyes.

What was his award for? He was the second highest seller in the second grade section of the fundraiser. Apparently he missed first highest by $10.00. But he did a great job and I am very, very proud of him.

Next bit of good news is that his teacher is noticing a positive difference in him in the mornings. So this means to me that the medication is starting to work. And I am so far, knock on wood, not seeing any negative side effects. This is good. Very good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO CHASE. GRANDMA IS VERY PROUD OF YOU. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AT SCHOOL AS WELL. SEE YOU IN A MONTH. LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU...GRNDMA

Anonymous said...

That is great Chase got an award for his hard work.