Saturday, June 28, 2008

A day at the boat...

Ok, so I dont like boats. But I spent the day on my in laws boat yesterday. In the ever loving muggy heat. Even with a fan directly on me I was miserable. I hate this weather, and it is worse down by the water. But I will survive. Im going to call Chasers tonight and talk with him for awhile...I miss him really badly! But we just have a few more weeks to go...and then he is home...yay!

So I am really nicely sunburnt today...But the positive side is that I wont have to go tanning for quite awhile. I am getting really very excited to get my tattoo done on the 2nd of July! I have to do a little child care juggling but I think I should be good. Heather said she would keep him for the hour or so that I am getting my tats done...And I promise I will post pictures for everyone to see when I get them done!

On a different note, Jim sent the camcorder home so I could start recording Sebastian and his silly little antics. But he recorded some stuff on it from Iraq so we could see who, what, where and when. It was interesting. If they were not such an unstable country I think it would be an interesting place to visit. But maybe not right now. LOL

I am as well a little frustrated too...Jim tried to call me three times today. The first two times he called I was in the bathroom...and I wont take my phone in there anymore as I swept it off the dryer into the toilet right after I had cleaned it one day. With the way it has been acting lately too, I think I will be getting a new phone soon. The third time he called I didnt even hear the phone ring at all. Grrrr...I was frustrated when I heard my little voice mail notice. I didnt even hear it ring for goodness sake!!!

The boys got a box in the mail yesterday from Barb who is my good friends Sherrie's Mom. Sherrie, Chris and Alison all stayed with us for a little while when they were PCS'ing from Germany. I sure miss her comraderie! Her Mom was nice enough to take time out of her very busy schedule and make both the boys the CUTEST blankets!! The one she made Chase is Orange and Brown...which are his favorite colors...and I absolutely cracked up when Sherrie messaged me that Barb said it reminded her of Charlie Brown. Yes, it does look like his shirt!! But it's very nicely made! Sebastian's Blankie has his colors in it that we have in his nursery right now. But both blankets will be saved for them in thier special memory boxes. For them to pass on to thier children. Because I will force them at 30 to have grandchildren for me...LOL

Ok, time to tend to the awful sunburn!!

Oh...one more small thing...I started reading a new book called "Beautiful Boy". It is in the top sellers category right now. Its' a father writing about his sons struggle through a meth addiction...Im only on the first chapter right now but it is very powerful!!

No comments: