Sunday, June 8, 2008

For my Fellow Army Wives.

For the beautiful women I know as "The Silent Ranks". Each of you has opened your hearts and homes to myself on one occasion or another and I just want each of you to know just how very special you all are.

Sherrie, Babsi, Jess, Hannah, Megan, Sara Jean, Jamie, Chantelle, Ashley, Teresa, Jessica, Sophia, Tonia, Kassie, Robyn, Steffy, Jaime, Brandi, Tracy, Sarah, Jennifer, Maria, Tonya, Stephanie and Lydia.

Each of you have a very special and unique quality that you carry within. And each day it shines out into the world. Some people notice it, some do not. Your children and families watch you everyday as you step out your door and conquer unimaginable odds that would make most men not even want to get out of bed.

But you do it. Because each of you chose to marry a man who has another love in thier life. The Army. And because of your choice you have seen good and bad. You have dealt with life altering changes. You have stepped up to the plate and yelled at life to pitch you just one more ball. You spend your days busier than ever to forget the pain of not having your loved one with you most of the time.

You keep yourself busy to the point of exhaustion so that when you finally make it to bed you fall asleep immediately. Instead of sitting up and worrying about where your husband is. Or what he is doing. Is he safe? Will the Chaplain knock on my door next?

I sit here with tears in my eyes thinking of each of you. Moments we shared. Friendships we built. Friendships that were tested but somehow over time have rebuilt themselves. And I know two things for certain.

Two things that will always stand the test of time.

1. My Love for each of you will keep us bonded through thick and thin.

2. Through hell and high water I will do whatever I can for each of you when you need me.

Some of you know this already. Jess, Sherrie, Babsi, Tonia, Tonya and Kassie. We hold each other in our hearts because that is our strength to move forward. Each of you holds a light within that makes my day so much better and my nights so much easier.

The women who do join and stick with the "Silent Ranks"holds one special and unique quality that I admire in each of you.

Strength.

I Love You all.

No comments: