Sunday, June 22, 2008

Misplaced words....

So I got the call today and I really thought I would be much more excited than I am. My ex spouse called to find out how to handle our son having a temper tantrum? Two things occured to myself...1) Why is he having a tantrum, 2) Is he ok?

At first thought, I was unhappy because it was over a simple thing like Bug Juice. It's a Kool Aid in a strange little container that is passed off as bug liquids. He asked me if I allowed him to drink it. I stated only on special occasions like friends over or we go to the drive in. I also stated that most of the time his drink of choice is simply Sprite Zero. Well I dont let him have soda because of the sugar and caffiene. *smile, nod my head and dont bite*

Sprite Zero has no caffiene or sugar in it, I said calmly.

Well, does he throw tantrums like this for you? Nope. Last time he did this was about 3 years ago when I picked him up from a visit with you. And he was overtired and overstimulated then. Has he had any down time today? I dont know, he has been with my sister and her kids. Well, in my book that would be a no.

I truly thought I would be more excited about getting this call. About knowing my son was unhappy there. Or maybe about knowing that he is going to treat his father differently than he does myself. That he will misbehave so his father will understand what I go through. That it is not all fun and games as he thinks. He is under the impression that it is a breeze to raise an ADHD child. He is so wrong.

Again, I am not complaining. I Love my boys with all my heart. But sometimes I just need a break. Even if it is just for a half hour so I can go tanning. I just need the quiet time for Mommy. And the sad part is that I always feel guilty after taking the time for myself.

Such is life I guess.

No comments: