Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lightning again?

Today we had a thunder and lightning storm. Most of my friends know I am utterly terrified of lightning. Years and years ago we had a patient brought into the hospital I worked at that had been struck by lightning. After seeing the tremendous damage that had been done, I have always run for serious cover whenever the slightest hint of lightning occurs. It is sad, but it is my fear.

The power went out 3 times in my house because of the wind and what not. That I could handle. I figured out the mystery of why the TV upstairs would not go on. I rebooted the computer. I got everything figured out while it was still storming. And while sitting at the computer I noticed something I had never seen before. I was covered in sweat and I was pale and clammy. Could I seriously be that afraid of lightning? How strange.

The big check was deposited into our account today so now we have a pretty cushy savings account. I also went to the boys bank and deposited money into thier accounts as well. So they are starting to build up good college funds. Jim and I have been working really hard to make sure that money is set aside for them. With the way things are going for the schools and colleges, financial aid may not ever exist again.

I sent off 3 more boxes to my husband today with goodies. I didnt get his hats in the one, so I made another I will ship off tomorrow for him. I also mailed out a box to my mom. Im going tomorrow to find a small gift for my nephew Logan. I bought Chyilene a silver necklace with "fairy dust" in it, so I need to find something for Logan as well.

So tomorrow after I exchange the money in the change bucket for dollars, I will head off to take care of that. I will also be looking for a high chair for Sebastian. His car seat is just starting to get really small for him.

Ok, it is time to get back to Bones.

Oh...one more thing...I made an appointment to see an Eye Dr next Wednesday to get them checked out. I have noticed here lately I am having a tough time seeing even this size of fonts. I will tell you that first of all the Dr.'s name is Dr. Curran *for those who dont know, that is my husband's SSG's name*, and second...The new patient form had me laughing.

Reason for your visit? Because I am going blind and have to squint to see this font.

Anything we can do to make your next visit more enjoyable? Larger Print Please.

No comments: