Thursday, July 31, 2008

YAY! All Done!

I have almost completely whittled away my chore list I made. I finished the rooms up completely today. I have a letter to write to the landlord...Yes, an unhappy letter..and then I will have finished it all. With the exception of getting the pics on this computer burnt onto a disc. But I will get that done soon enough.

So I am posting now the pics of the rooms...I hope you enjoy..I worked my hind end off on them:
This is Sebastians Room. Originally I had just the right wall painted teal and the bottom left painted yellow. I was bored with that. So I painted the upper wall teal as well and used a sponge to press across the teal with a very light yellow.

That is the swirly effect I got. After it dried I was very pleased because to myself it looks like clouds floating on his ceiling. See below!

What a neat effect. And then I got bored again. I worked on Chase's room. Now, the yellow dot in the middle is the sun. I have all the planets hanging the length of his room in order to assist him with a project he did in Mrs. Este's class. Not to mention he just thinks the planets are cool. I had originally just had the blue painted on there. I got bored. *see a recurring theme here?* So I again used a sponge and dabbed the paint on the ceiling. And this is the effect I got out of the deal:

I can hear the questions now..What the heck is with that color scheme? Well, those are two of Chase's three favorite colors right now. Orange, Blue and Brown. Thank you to Sherrie's Mom who made an awesome blanket for him to match his room! Now, if you look at that orange on his wall...does it not look like flames to you? Coming from around the sun? Yeah, I thought it was awesome!

And then I did my room. Did I mention by chance I was bored? Now, while Jim is gone I can get away with this..Hehehe..So it was Grapelicious all the way for me! I am a fan of purple, and this turned out really nice in my opinion...:)

Seriously...The only thing that really bothered me was how bland that purple looked..I had to do something to break it up a little. So today while I was out with the Sister In Law at the Danielson Sidewalk Sales..We went through a store called Heart and Home. Jim and I have been here before and found some fantastic stuff for our house. I scored big time when I found this wonderful little cling picture to put in the middle of the ceiling. So now I am feeling complete..Until I get bored again.


One more small note..The sponges I used to do this oddly enough came from the Dollar Tree. Just the big, brown sponges. There really is no need to go to Home Depot and get the $10.00 sponges when you can get the same effect this way.

No comments: